Saturday 3 February 2018

A FEW STEPS AWAY FROM HAPPINESS


Lately, I've not been feeling 100% myself if I'm honest. My emotions have been a little all over the place and I've just not felt quite right. If you're new around here, you won't know that I moved to a different city last September for University and at times, it's been rather challenging. I am really happy here, don't get me wrong! I love my course and I've made some great friends but I occasionally go through phases of feeling quite down and lonely here, like I have nobody to talk to and right now I'm having one of those phases. 

Today I wanted to share with you all a few things I do in order to get out of this mind set and help myself focus on the positives. 

1. Talk to someone. It's always good to have a chat and get any worries off your chest. I like to FaceTime or speak to my mum every day which definitely helps to cheer me up if I'm feeling a bit rubbish. I also speak to my sister regularly which always lifts my mood. I push myself to seek someone to talk to if I'm feeling low, whether that be my flat mate Erin or my course mate, Sam. When I first moved to Southampton, I got into an awful habit of shutting myself away and spending a lot of time on my own if I felt sad...but now I know that's the worst thing for me. It's okay to go and talk to a friend and nine times out of ten, it lifts my spirit and helps me clear up any worries I have. 

2. Organise something fun! My first port of call is usually to see if my flat mates want to go out for a couple of drinks. Although alcohol is a depressant and of should by no means be used as a coping mechanism, it is something to do and get's me out and into a social atmosphere. Also, it's nice sometimes to go into town and grab a coffee with a friend or even just have a wonder around town (I'm doing this today with Erin, which will be fun). You could also organise a trip to the cinema, or the beach, whatever you fancy!

3. Focus on something you enjoy. I recently joined a new gym and challenge myself to go at least two or three times a week. I've also been attending some of their free classes which definitely helps to motivate me. Although it always seems like a huge effort to go to the gym, it makes me feel so incredibly happy and the buzz is great. I want to stay focused on this because it's fun, great for my health and also good for a bit of body confidence. 

All in all, when I'm feeling a bit down I try not to dwell on it. We're allowed to feel rubbish sometimes...it's normal. I had a long overdue cry yesterday and I genuinely felt a lot happier afterwards. Sometimes, you've just got to listen to your body and do what it wants. Stay focused on something you enjoy and take each day as it comes!

Leave a comment down below if you have any tips or let me know what you like to do to stay happy and change your mind set from negative to positive.

Emily Rose



3 comments:

  1. Moving for uni can be so challenging! Don't beat yourself up for not feeling yourself babe, I think its perfectly normal to feel a little overwhelmed and odd when you make such a big life change! Hope things pick up a little and you can find some happiness

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  2. Pg slot แตกง่าย เกมแจ็คพอต PG SLOT เป็นอีกหนึ่งต้นแบบเกมทำเงินยอดนิยมเยอะที่สุดในปี 2021 นี้ มีเรื่องราวชักชวนติดตาม และก็มีภาพกราฟิกที่ชัดเจนงดงามสูงที่สุดอีกด้วยเล่นเลย

    ReplyDelete