Tuesday 18 October 2016

VISITING BATH (AND BRISTOL)





I've always loved visiting new places and exploring new cities/towns. Bath is a place I've heard so many great things about and it's definitely been on my mental list of places to visit for a while now.  My friend Millie and I both had a free day so we booked the train tickets online and took ourselves on a little adventure to Bath. I did actually vlog a bit of the day so keep your eyes peeled over the next few days on my YouTube channel for that if you would like to see what we got up to! However in this post I just wanted to briefly tell you a few of my thoughts. 

First impressions were great. The general feel of the city really is lovely. Everywhere feels very clean and I felt safe and comfortable walking around, even though it was all very unfamiliar to me. The train station is directly opposite the main area of shops so that was pretty handy! We mooched around the shops for a while and then headed to the 'historical area' so to speak. We were going to see the Roman Baths and I definitely would have loved to but it was pretty busy and also it costs £15 to enter which I think is pretty pricey. We walked around a cute little square and it was all very picturesque. 

We did end up getting a little bored, so ended up getting the train back to Bristol for a spot of extra shopping there before making our way home. There was probably a lot more to Bath that we didn't see and I definitely would like to go again and try to explore it a little further. 

If you get the chance to visit, definitely do! It was a lovely day out and somewhere new to see! 




No comments:

Post a Comment